Wednesday 16 January 2013

Francis the Alchemy Dragon

Recently I've gotten back into crafting, mostly through a slow improvement in my general mood and enthusiasm and partly through looking forward to LARP later this year. I'll be heading along to Empire and I'm keen to have at least some small parts of my costume/props as handmade by me. There will be disasters along the way I'm sure but hopefully at the end of the day I'll make something vaguely usable and have some fun along the way.

Of course, being the type of person I am I sat down to do some work on what I should be doing (making more costume bits) and when I found that I had spare bright green clay I made this:

Meet Francis, the Alchemy Dragon. If you're wondering what those specks on him are i added glitter to the polymer clay so he sparkles, it's the same blue as the glitter in his potion bottle. He's a little wonky in places but I like to think it adds to his charm. He was pretty fiddly, especially with his smallest tail spikes as he only stands just over 6cm/about 2 1/2" tall in total.

I uploaded a picture of him to facebook and the immediate likes from my friends really encouraged me to keep up with my creative streak, so many thank yous to them! I realised I was going to be doing a lot of crafty bits and that some of my friends may want to see everything I do while others wouldn't so I set up this blog. This way I can just clutter their feeds with the occasional link here rather than all the photos ever of my work.

Speaking of; more photos of Francis! (He's fast becoming my little mascot)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment